Dr. Traywick, Dr. Sarradet, Dr. Hall, Dr. McGowan, Dr. Brand and Dr. Bonaccorsi, are dermatologists specializing in the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of both acute and chronic conditions affecting the skin, hair, and nails in children, teenagers, and adults.
Management of many dermatological disorders including:
- Skin cancer screening and mole evaluation
- Acne and complexion problems
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin Allergies
- Poison ivy
- Hair loss
- Diseases of the nails
- Fungal infections
- Pigmentation disorders
As well as many other dermatological diseases and skin lesions.
We enjoy seeing patients of all ages and providing information about skin care. You will find our practice very family-oriented.
Compared to other options, Mohs surgery consistently offers an exceptional cure rate for the most common (basal and squamous cell carcinoma), as well as rarer skin cancers.
The purpose of Mohs surgery is to completely remove all cancerous tissue while preserving
as much healthy skin as possible. The cancer is removed one layer at a time while examining each layer under the microscope. Both the depth and the borders of the tissue are evaluated thoroughly until all margins are clear of tumor.
The meticulous examination and control of removed tissue provides the following benefits:
- Success – An excellent cure rate, up to 99% for skin cancers.
- Accuracy – The special tissue processing, mapping and orientation of the Mohs surgery technique ensures that all cancer roots are identified and removed while preserving healthy tissue.
- Preservation – With the precision of Mohs surgery, your wound is the smallest possible — which often means the smallest scar possible.
- Safety – Mohs surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia. This permits a faster patient recovery and a lower risk of complications, especially for older patients.
- Integration – The expertise of our Mohs surgeons allows you to complete your skin cancer treatment, pathology evaluation and wound reconstruction, often in the same visit.
Document with additional detail on Mohs (Click to read)
Video of Mohs Micrographic Surgery (Click to Watch)
A brief list of additional surgical procedures performed by our providers at May River Dermatology:
- Skin cancer surgery and reconstruction
- Surgical removal of moles, cysts, skin tags, and other benign skin lesions
- Scar revision surgery
- Acne surgery
- Nail surgery
- Skin grafting
- Split earlobe repair
- Keloid removal
- Rosacea surgery
Please contact our office regarding questions on other surgical procedures.