LUX ~ A Medical Spa
LUX, LLC is proudly owned by Carmen A. Traywick, MD of May River Dermatology, and Frederick G. Weniger, MD, of Weniger Plastic Surgery.
Shop Our LUX Online Store Here!
LUX ~ A Medical Spa is located in Bluffton, South Carolina and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
The Skin Care Experts, Aestheticians, Physician Assistants, and Physicians believe that medical skin care is the foundation for healthy skin. We strive to provide patients with a variety of medical skin care options and trust that our products are the best on the market. To find out what skin care is best for you please contact LUX ~ A Medical Spa at 843-252-0037 or click here to schedule a consultation.
To learn more about LUX ~ A Medical Spa or to schedule an appointment click here.
LUX ~ A Medical Spa
Medical Skin Care
Our Board Certified Physicians:
- Carmen Traywick, MD & Co-Owner
- Frederick Weniger, MD & Co-Owner
Our Board Certified Nurse Practitioners:
- Elizabeth P. Appling, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
- Erin Hutcheson, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
- Kylie D. Gratton, APRN, FNP-BC
Our South Carolina licensed Aestheticians:
- Abigail Bensch, L.E.
- Christine Pribanic, L.E.
- Julie Alexion, L.E.
- Maggie Silver, L.E.
- Rebekah Mullin, L.E.
- Susan Ciccarelli, L.E.
Dr. Carmen A. Traywick, and her educated staff, work with each patient to structure an action plan to target each patient’s individual concerns.
Non-Surgical Fat Reduction CoolSculpting® Non-invasive body contouring FDA-approved for freezing off fat cells. Areas of the body we treat include the abdomen, arms, bra fat, chin, flanks and love handles, inner & outer thighs. Learn more about CoolSculpting® by clicking here.
Qwo® Cellulite Treatment The FDA approved QWO® injectable treatment is done to treat Women’s buttocks with moderate to severe cellulite. The formulation is made of two enzymes called collagenases (AUX I and II), which will target the structural formations underneath your skin, which are causing cellulite. These collagen-rich structures are called fibrous septae, which cause the dimpling effect known as cellulite. QWO® takes less than 10 minutes and is done in a series of 3 injectable treatments spaced 21 days apart. Learn more about QWO® by clicking here.
- SCITON® LASER TREATMENTS provides the widest array of aesthetic and surgical procedures.
- BROAD BAND LIGHT THERAPY removal of sun damage and pigmentation.
- MICROLASER PEELS reduction of fine lines, pigmentation & smoothing.
- DEEP RESURFACING treatment of deep wrinkles.
- PROFRACTIONAL resurfacing of acne scars with minimal downtime.
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL for all areas of the face & body.
- SKIN TYTE reduction of skin laxity.
- VASCULAR diminishing of spider veins & rosacea.
- SCITON® Halo Revitalization treats wrinkles, acne scarring, reduces the size of pores and evens out skin complexion.
Chemical Peels Lumen Restore & Re”LUX”, Lumen Restore & Re”Glow”, Lumen Restore & Re”Bright”, PCA Peel®, and ZO 3-Step Peel™
FACIALS LUX Signature Facial, Lumen Clarifying Facial, Lumen Brightening Facial, Lumen Sensitive Skin Facial.
HYDRAFACIALS are customizable and great for all skin types.
MICRONEEDLING minimally-invasive, skin rejuvenation treatment for fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and stretch marks.
BOTOX® / DYSPORT® improves the look of moderate to severe frown lines.
- Bellafill® is the only dermal filler established safe and effective for the correction of nasolabial folds, acne or smile lines through 5 years.
- Juvederm®Hyaluronic Acid filler FDA-approved for treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles.
- Juvederm® Voluma™ Hyaluronic Acid filler FDA-approved for instant volume in the cheeks and chin.
- Juvederm® Volbella™ FDA-approved injection used to increase lip fullness and soften the appearance of “smoker’s lines” around the mouth.
- Juvederm® Vollure™ Hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler FDA approved to improve the appearance of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds for up to 18 months.
- Restylane® Hyaluronic Acid filler FDA-approved for treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Restylane® Kysse The first Hyaluronic Acid filler with XpressHAn Technology™ for flexible movement and natural-looking volume in the lips. Lasts 1-2 years. Provides enhanced texture and color to the lips, while allowing full range of facial expressions.
- Restylane® Contour First and only FDA-approved filler formulated with XpressHAn Technology™ for the cheeks in the US.
- Restylane® Silk First and only FDA-approved filler specifically designed for subtle lip enhancements.
- Restylane® Lyft First and only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid gel injection filler indicated to provide fullness to cheeks.
- Restylane®Refyne Hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler designed to improve the appearance of laugh lines like nasolabial folds and marionette lines for up to one year.
- Restylane®Defyne Hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler is used to fill in nasolabial folds, improve the appearance of marionette lines and other mild to moderate facial lines and wrinkles, and restore volume to the lower face and mouth areas.
- Radiesse® Calcium based filler FDA-approved for subdermal implantation for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Sculptra™ poly-L-latic acid filler FDA-approved for loss of volume in the face and cheeks due to weight loss or aging.
- Kybella® is a FDA-approved procedure designed to remove extra fat below the chin, commonly known as a “double chin.”